Friday, December 17, 2010

More Wool Flowers...

Here we are at the end of another week. What I like to refer to as Finish it Friday.
My studio and I have been busy this week making more wool flowers. I love the feel of the wool.

The warmth of the wool. The textures in the fabrics. Of course I added lace just because I like the open airy look of lace.
This one I added a blue felt leaf and I like the dimension it adds. The buttons also give a personality to each flower. This particular button is a polymer clay button I bought along the way and had in my button jar. It has a lot of texture to it.


I try not to pick favorites however I am thinking this little green number just might be my favorite out of this garden of wool flowers.


This is merely the latest crop of wool flowers in my studio garden.
I feel warm and cozy surrounded by these. That is a good thing since we are having very cold winter weather. And tons of rain from La Nina. Now I must put on my rain boots and join the crowds shopping as the holidays are here and I am just not finished with my list.
Have a warm and wonderful day. What are you doing in your studio? Making any gifts?
Happy Holly Jolly Joy to you...





14 comments:

  1. These wool flowers are brilliant. The contrast in colour and texture is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the touch of lace you added!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these - on Wednesday I dug out a favorite scarf I have that is made from what looks to be bits of men's sports jackets...wool and tweed, interspersed with a bit of cut velvet just to add a feminine touch. It made me want to visit the thrift store AGAIN just for the purpose of seeing if I could find some old suits to cut apart. Lucky you with the buttons! My birth mother also wrapped gifts beautifully and like you, I love to play with wrapping - you've done a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love those little flowers! They are so so so sweet!!It looks s cozy too!
    ciao bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a lover of these. I'm glad you are creating so happily in your studio! I haven't been in mine in while...and this is the longest I've gone without art journaling...I definitely am missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. Happy to see you being creative. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your wool flowers are SO lovely! They would make beautiful brooches. :) My studio is still - but the kitchen has been busy. Baking up holiday cookies! Have a wonderful weekend! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest friend and accomplice in GLITTER, WONDER, FABRICS, CREATOLOGY!!!!

    You came to have a seat in my whimsical theatre, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind and generous comments!

    ENJOY THIS FABULOUS SEASON OF LOVE AND LAUGHTER, CREATIVITY AND CROWNING GLORY OF LOVE!

    Fondly, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wool flowers and the bit of lace adds some extra beauty and texture :) Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just the sweetest flowers!! You are so creative!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just beautiful. I love how the lace and wool looks.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so beautiful. I love wool...and I love lace, so I adore the touch of lace n these. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them, dear--the wool with the lace, is just gorgeus, friend.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not seen wool flowers like yours and they are lovely. I enjoy looking at the creative projects people in the blog world are doing. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a very special Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I love to receive comments and read them with much interest.